What are the Tier 2 Visa eligibility requirements?
The Tier 2 Visa enables overseas skilled workers to take up employment in the UK. In order for your application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must demonstrate that you are able to support yourself and any dependents you intend to bring with you without relying on public funds;
- You must accrue a minimum of 70 points in accordance with the points-based system;
- You must be at least 16 years old on the date your application is submitted;
- You must meet the stated minimum salary threshold for your role;
- You must possess a job offer from an approved UK sponsor;
- You must possess a Certificate of Sponsorship (CoS) from an organisation on the Tier 2 sponsored employers list;
- You must have passed an approved English language test at minimum CEFR level B1;
- You must have passed the ‘genuine vacancy’ test- this is used by the Home Office to determine whether the role you have been offered is appropriate for your skillset.
Failing to fulfil the above eligibility requirements may result in the outright refusal of your application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Get in contact today on 0333 305 9375 for immediate help and assistance.
Did you know that our Wanstead immigration lawyers offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services discussed above, our immigration lawyers in Wanstead offer the full range of IAS’ services, from Spouse Visa application support to Tier 2 Visa Extension advice and guidance.
Whilst we are always absolutely delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in the capital to access our support.
Yes, providing assistance to Unmarried Partner Visa applicants forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From preparing a Letter of Representation that maximises the strengths of your application to the Home Office, to ensuring that you meet the financial requirement, our services are all-encompassing.
The Unmarried Partner application fees are as follows:
Applications submitted from within the UK: £1,033
Applications submitted from outside the UK: £1,523
Under normal circumstances, you ought to receive a decision on your Unmarried Partner Visa application within 8 weeks- this is the timeframe for applications submitted from within the UK.
For applications submitted from outside of the UK, the standard processing time is 12 weeks. If your application is particularly time-sensitive, a priority service is available.