What are the eligibility requirements for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR)?
Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) forms the penultimate stage in the UK immigration process. It enables the holder to live, work and study in the UK free from immigration restrictions, and provides access to a number of UK benefits including NHS healthcare.
In order for your ILR application to be a success, the following eligibility requirements must first be satisfied:
- You must satisfy the ILR residency requirement for your particular visa type- for most visas, this is achieved through being a continuous and lawful UK resident for a minimum of five years;
- You must have sat and passed the Life in the UK Test- this is a set of 24 questions that largely pertain to the culture, customs and history of the UK;
- Your time spent outside of the UK must not exceed 90 days in any 12 months during the qualifying period;
- You must satisfy the ‘Good Character’ requirement- to do this, you just have abided by the UK immigration rules and be free from a criminal record;
- You must have passed an accredited English language test at minimum CEFR level B1.
Failing to fulfil these eligibility criteria may result in the outright refusal of your ILR application. With this in mind, it is strongly advised that you seek the help of one of our OISC-accredited lawyers.
Did you know that our immigration lawyers in Wembley offer our full range of services?
In addition to the services touched upon above, our immigration solicitors in Wembley offer our full range of services, from British Citizenship by Marriage advice and guidance to Tier 2 Visa application support.
Whilst we are always delighted to welcome our clients into our office, our services can also be conducted over the phone and via Skype. As a result, you do not need to be based locally in North West London to receive our support.
Yes, assisting with Fiance Visa applications forms a major part of our work here at the Immigration Advice Service. From preparing a Letter of Representation in support of your case, to conducting a thorough document check to ensure you have all of your supporting paperwork in place, our services are built to succeed.
Under normal circumstances, it takes between two and three months for a Fiance Visa to be processed by the Home Office. Ensuring that your application is completed fully and to the highest standard will help you to receive a decision as quickly as possible.
Fiance Visa applications from abroad cost £1,523. If you are applying from within the UK, you will be charged £1,033.