Following the Windrush scandal, Momentum will be hosting a Windrush public meeting in Manchester on May 10th.
The event will include talks from:
- Diane Abbott MP – Shadow Home Secretary
- Ono Okeregha – Director of the Immigration Advice Service
- Afzal Khan MP – Shadow Immigration Minister
- Marcia Hutchinson MBE – Writer and activist
- Anthony Brown – Windrush citizen
The event will be taking place from 7-9pm at the West Indian Sports and Social Club, Westwood Street.
There will be discussions on the government’s current policies and how they have led to this issue, as well as advice on seeking help.
Registering for the event can be done at Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/momentum-windrush-public-meeting-tickets-45549532879