I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Coulsdon?
It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend doing so.
Through hiring a Coulsdon immigration solicitor, you will give yourself the best possible chance of securing the outcome you are looking for.
Unfortunately, visa rejections are commonplace and if your visa is rejected, you will not receive a refund. This means that you will have to resubmit your application and pay the full fee again. In the long-run, you could save yourself a lot of time and money through hiring an immigration solicitor. And, after all, it is only through enlisting the services of a professional that you can be sure you haven’t made any costly mistakes in your immigration application.
What Services Do Your Coulsdon Immigration Lawyers Offer?
Our Coulsdon immigration lawyers offer assistance in all areas of immigration law including Family Visas, work visas, short-stay visas, as well as Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship applications.
We offer a number of specialist, industry-leading packages:
- Advice package: This is for those who are looking for immigration legal advice
- Application package: With this package, one of our immigration caseworkers will work with you to formulate your visa/immigration application to the very highest standard
- Fast track application package: If you need your application completed as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
- Document checking service: One of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your application
- Appeal package: If you wish to challenge a Home Office decision, we can offer full support
- Immigration legal advice for UK businesses: We can offer advice and application assistance if you are looking to hire an overseas national
- Emergency support: We provide emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained
If you would like to discover more about any of our services, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.
What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?
The Spouse Visa is one of the most sought-after UK visas. It is designed for non-EEA nationals who wish to join their spouse/unmarried partner in the UK. However, there are a number of stringent requirements which you will need to fulfil in order to be eligible.
The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must be in a marriage/civil partnership which is recognised in UK law
- Must pass the genuine relationship test
- The couple must have lived together for at least two years
- Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. This sum increases by £3,800 for the first dependent
- Must have suitable accommodation to live in in the UK
- Must be able to demonstrate a certain level of English
The Spouse Visa is valid for 30 months if applied for from within the UK, and 33 months if applied for from outside the UK. You can also apply for a Spouse Visa extension before your original visa is due to expire.
With a Spouse Visa, you are free to work and study in the UK without any restrictions. After you have spent five years living in the UK under a Spouse Visa, you will be eligible for Indefinite Leave to Remain which will give you permanent residence in the UK.
What are the Different UK Work Visas?
There are two types of UK work visas: Tier 2 and Tier 5. Tier 2 visas are for designed for those entering into long-term employment, whereas the Tier 5 Temporary Work Visa is for those entering into short-term employment.
There are four different Tier 2 visas:
- Tier 2 (General): Otherwise known as the Skilled Workers Visa, the Tier 2 (General) is for skilled workers such as nurses, doctors, engineers and IT professionals
- Tier 2 Intra company transfer visa: This is for those who have been offered a position in the UK branch of a multinational company
- Tier 2 Minister of Religion Visa: This visa is for those who have been offered a position in a UK faith-based community
- Tier 2 Sportsperson Visa: This is for internationally recognised professional sportspeople
Our Coulsdon immigration lawyers can provide expert assistance with all UK work visa applications. We will help you to compile your crucial portfolio of evidence and complete your application form, and we will liaise with the Home Office throughout the application process.
We are confident in saying that if you choose to hire our services, you will maximise your chances of achieving the outcome you are looking for.
As well as providing services to those based in Coulsdon, we also have offices located across the UK, including in London, Manchester, and Birmingham. You can also use the office finder to find your nearest branch.
Typically, you can apply for Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR) after you have spent five years lawfully living in the UK. This includes those who have been living under a Spouse Visa, Unmarried Partner Visa and a Tier 2 work visa.
In some circumstances, you could be eligible sooner. For instance, if you have been living in the UK under a Tier 1 Innovator Visa or Investor Visa, you could be eligible after just three years of UK residency, or even two.
ILR status gives you permanent residence in the UK, which means you can live in the UK without any restrictions imposed. After you have spent one year living in the UK under ILR, you will be eligible for British citizenship.
There are many immigration solicitors operating in the London area, with each offering a different range of services. Here at the IAS, we offer assistance in all areas of immigration law, which includes visa extension applications.
You cannot usually apply for an extension on short-stay visas such as the Standard Visitor Visa and Marriage Visa. However, you can apply for an extension on long-term UK visas such as Family Visas and Tier 1 and Tier 2 visas.
Our Coulsdon immigration lawyers can help you apply for your visa extension to secure your status in the UK.
Please call us now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more.
Yes, if you cannot meet our immigration lawyers in Coulsdon in-person, you can still speak with us remotely. We offer our services either on the phone or online over Skype, with no compromise on our service.
To book your remote appointment, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.