I Want to Apply for a UK Visa. Do I Need to Hire an Immigration Solicitor in Custom House?
It is not a legal requirement to hire an immigration solicitor if you want to apply for a UK visa. However, we highly recommend doing so.
An experienced immigration legal professional will understand the many complexities of UK immigration law, including the common pitfalls to avoid when applying for a UK visa.
Unfortunately, visa rejections are common. If your application is rejected, you will not receive any refund. This means that you will need to pay another full application fee when you resubmit your application.
In the long-run, an immigration solicitor’s assistance can save you a lot of money and time. Through their expertise, you can get your application right the first time.
What Services do Your Custom House Immigration Lawyers Offer?
Our Custom House immigration lawyers offer expert immigration legal advice and assistance in all areas of immigration law including Family Visas, Tier 1 and Skilled Worker visas and Indefinite Leave to Remain and British citizenship applications.
We offer a number of specialist packages:
- Advice package: If you are looking for expert immigration legal advice, this is the option for you
- Application package: This is our most popular service. One of our immigration caseworkers will work with you to formulate your visa/immigration application to the very highest standard
- Fast track application package: If you need your application completing as quickly as possible, this is the option for you
- Document checking service: One of our immigration lawyers will take a professional look at your visa/immigration application
- Appeal package: If you wish to challenge a Home Office, we can support you every step of the way, whether through an administrative review or full legal appeal
- Immigration legal advice for UK businesses: If you want to hire overseas nationals, we can offer expert immigration legal assistance
- Emergency support: We offer emergency support to asylum seekers and to those who have been detained
If you would like to find out more about any of our services, please call us now on 0330 433 1213.
What are the Requirements for a Spouse Visa?
The Spouse Visa is one of the most sought-after UK visas. If you are married to/in a civil partnership with a UK citizen or person with settled status, you could be eligible for the Spouse Visa.
The Spouse Visa is valid for 30 months if applied for from within the UK, and 33 months if applied for from outside the UK. You can also apply for a Spouse Visa extension before your original Spouse Visa is due to expire.
The main requirements for the Spouse Visa are as follows:
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must be married to/in a civil partnership with your UK partner which is recognised in UK law. (You will need to provide a marriage/civil partnership certificate)
- You must meet the ‘genuine relationship’ requirement
- Proof that you have lived together for at least two years
- Must have a combined annual income of at least £18,600. If you have any dependents, this sum increases by £3,800 for the first dependent and £2,400 per dependent for every other dependent
- Must have suitable accommodation to live in in the UK
- Must be able to demonstrate that you can communicate in and understand English to a certain level
Any Spouse Visa applicant must provide substantial evidence to prove their eligibility for the visa. The genuine relationship requirement requires an applicant to provide a range of different information such as letting/mortgage arrangements, bank statements and perhaps even text messages and emails.
We can help you to prepare your portfolio of evidence with your Spouse Visa application package. It is crucial for your portfolio of evidence to include all relevant documentation, and we can help you to do it.
We are very well versed in Spouse Visa applications and we are confident in saying that should you choose to hire our services, you will maximise your chances of securing your Spouse Visa.
Call our friendly team now on 0330 433 1213 to find out more about how we can help you reunite with your partner in the UK.
This is entirely dependent on the visa/immigration permission you are living under. In most circumstances, you cannot apply to extend a short-stay visa, such as the Standard Visitor Visa or the Marriage Visa.
You will need to submit a visa extension application pertaining to your immigration permission in order to extend your visa – your visa will not be extended automatically. The application process is typically very similar to the one you would have gone through with your original visa application.
There are many immigration solicitors operating in the Custom House and Newham areas. The services which are offered differs among different immigration law firms. Some will only offer assistance in certain areas of immigration law, whereas others offer a wider range of services.
Here at the Immigration Advice Service, we offer assistance in all areas of immigration law. Whatever your immigration query might be, our immigration lawyers are here to help.
To find out more about all the services we offer, please do not hesitate to get in touch on 0330 433 1213.
If you cannot meet us in-person, this is no barrier to hiring our services. We offer appointments both over the phone and online on Skype, with no compromise on our exceptional service.
Call us now on 0330 433 1213 to book your remote appointment with one of our immigration lawyers today.